Thursday, August 26, 2010

5 grand years....



Here is a painting I did of two lovely people, Afsi & Luigi, who were married in a church in Sicily. Afsi is something of a muse of mine (yes, she has rights to wander my studio in a toga throwing fairy dust this way & that). This painting is quite accurate to how they whizzed away on a Vespa right after being married, sunglasses & all. The first image is a watercolour sketch of the final painting.

Speaking of weddings, it's been 5 years that I was married to one marvelous man, & the marvelous adventures continue!

9 comments:

  1. happy anniversary and YAY for Afsi and Luigi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love wedding dresses plus vespas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It conveys such happiness and is so light-hearted. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! So great to see you and the hubby in person recently. Sorry it was too short and crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary my darling. What you have shared with us through your pictures of what your life is like together is a true inspiration!! Let the adventure continue! Viva! Love, Afsi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed your posts. I love this painting and heart that little Vespa. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable and congrats on the 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright orange. Congrats on 5 years, i just celebrated the first year with my love. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seriously late on this, but happy anniversary and some change. You guys make me want to be in love!

    p.

    ReplyDelete